The Association assembled a group of experts to draft guidance for restaurants to open safely and ensure a secure environment for guests and employees.
Reopening Guide Tips
Tips for reopening, according to Nation’s Restaurant News, are as follows:
- Salad bars and buffets must have sneeze guards. Open areas must contain appropriate barriers. Change, wash, and sanitize utensils frequently.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize the entire restaurant.
- Clean and sanitize table condiments, in between seats, digital ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, tabletops, and common touch areas. Discarding single-use items is recommended.
- For self-serve drink stations, remove lemons and unwrapped straws.
- Clean and sanitize reusable menus and discard paper menus.
- When using disinfectants, avoid food contact surfaces.
- Include readily available hand-sanitizer for guests.
- Though not mandated by the CDC, the NRA said employees could undergo temperature checks at the discretion of the employer.
- In regards to face coverings, employers should follow local and state requirements.
For a full list of tips, download the COVID-19 Reopening Guide.
Sign up for Gourmet Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get access to exclusive content.Get this newsletter