Of those that are amping up their standards of cleanliness, for example, are Marriott International, Airbnb, and, most recently, Hilton.
CleanStay With Lysol
For Hilton guests to enjoy a clean and safe environment during their stay, Hilton is elevating their cleaning processes even further with a new program called CleanStay.
According to Hilton News, “Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection, as the program will be called in North America, will be a rigorous system that incorporates RB’s trusted know-how and scientific approach to cleaning practices and product offerings.”
Hilton is partnering with RB, maker of Lysol and Dettol, and experts from Mayo Clinic’s Infection Prevention and Control team.
Under this initiative, Hilton is building upon its already high standards of cleanliness. Furthermore, the brand is making its health and safety focus visible to guests throughout their stay.
By partnering with Mayo Clinic, Hilton is able to rewrite “its cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in hospital hygiene standards to hotel guest rooms,” according to Hilton News.
Standards under consideration
The program is still in the developmental stage. However, Hilton provided the hotel brand’s standards under consideration. The standards are as follows:
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal: Placing a room seal on doors indicating to guests that their rooms have not been accessed since cleaned.
- Deep Clean 10-High Touch Areas: Extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched areas in a guest room, including light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, thermostats, etc.
- De-clutter Paper Amenities: Replace paper amenities with digital or paper amenities available upon request.
- Fitness Centers: Improving disinfecting guidelines for fitness centers.
- Frequent Cleaning of Public Areas
- Disinfecting Wipes Stations: Providing disinfectant wipes at hotel entrances and key high traffic areas.
- Contactless Check-In: Giving guests the option to check-in and access their rooms with a digital room key and mobile devices.
- Disinfection Technologies: According to Hilton, it is exploring the addition of new technologies to sanitize surfaces and objects.
Hilton also announced that their team members would be provided with PPE (personal protective equipment) and enhanced training to protect their well-being.
For more information, visit the Hilton News Center.
Sign up for Gourmet Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get access to exclusive content.Get this newsletter